To continue to lead the way in the design and delivery of contemporary culturally based health and social and emotional wellbeing services to build a healthy Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- To provide a diverse range of services and programs within the Adelaide metropolitan region of South Australia dedicated to improving the physical, social and emotional wellbeing, spiritual, cultural and mental health of traditional, rural and urban Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- To work cooperatively with other health service providers to respond to and assist with delivering services to traditional, rural and urban Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as their circumstances warrant.
- To promote healthy lifestyle choices amongst Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who utilise the service and to the broader Aboriginal community.
- To reduce the incidence of premature death and chronic disease amongst the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of South Australia.
- To contribute to the development of a skilled workforce in Aboriginal health.
- To assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people separated from their families under past laws, practices and policies of Australian governments, to undertake family tracing and reunion activities.
- To promote dedicated and culturally appropriate service responses to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community from mainstream services
Our Guiding Principles that Reflect our Values:
- We support the principle of Aboriginal Community Control in health.
- We are committed to achieving standards of excellence in the governance, management and administration of Nunkuwarrin Yunti and in the delivery of services and engagement with the community.
- We acknowledge and respect those who fought for the establishment of Nunkuwarrin Yunti and we continue to build upon their work and dedication.
- We will wherever possible, respond first and foremost to the needs of our clients regardless of their circumstances and without judgment.
- We will deliver services to our clients that not only meet quality health practice standards but are also respectful of traditional cultural laws and practices and honour the kinship relationships that exist.
- Our services and programs will be planned and delivered in ways that promote the strength and capacity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and communities to achieve better health outcomes.
Our Service Promises
- We promise to deliver a culturally sensitive, responsive and flexible service that encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to believe that Nunkuwarrin Yunti is their unique health and social and emotional wellbeing service in Adelaide.
- We promise to:
- Provide best-practice health care
- Provide prompt responses to our clients’ and patients’ health and administrative needs
- Provide choice of self-management of chronic health conditions
- To always contribute to solving the problem
- We promise to provide a culturally safe and supportive working relationship and
- We promise to do the things we say we will do.