Nunkuwarrin Yunti is accredited against the below national standards listed:
- Quality Improvement Council (QIC) Health and Community Services Standards 6th Edition
- The Royal Australian College of General Practices 4th Edition
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Vocational Training Standards
Nunkuwarrin Yunti supports accreditation and certification processes with reputable recognition accreditation authorities. These authorities visit our sites and formally undertake assessments to determine that we satisfy a wide range of recognised quality, education and safety standards.
Meeting accreditation standards is an explicit statement of the high level of care our clients and students should be able to expect from us. Meeting standards achieves a range of purposes, including:
- Engaging our clients and students and leading them to improved cultural safety, health, education and well-being, quality and efficiency in our client care systems, policies and procedures
- Treating our clients and students with respect and dignity
- Achieving recognition against health industry set standards
- Standardising processes across our teams and sites
- Implementing quality improvement practices over time
- Providing a quality basis on which our funding can be made
- Improving trust in what we do.
Quality Improvement Council (QIC) Accredited Organisation
We are fully accredited by Quality Innovation Performance (QIP) against the Quality Improvement Council Health and Community Services Standards (6th edition). Quality Improvement Council Standards and the accreditation program provide a thorough and wide-ranging review of organisational systems across multiple areas, including Governance, Corporate Systems, Service Delivery, and External Relationships. They facilitate a continuous quality improvement method of leadership and management in order to assess and improve quality for the whole organisation.
Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) Accredited
Our Wakefield and Brady Street clinics are a fully accredited general practices, in full compliance with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices (4th edition) and accredited by Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL).
The Standards provide a framework for the continuing development of well performing practice teams to enable them to focus on quality care and risk management. These standards describe quality improvement as an essential business activity, and participation in formal accreditation as one of the most effective quality improvement activities for improving services.
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
We are registered by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) in full compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework. This allows us to offer a range of nationally recognised training up to Diploma level.
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Vocational Training Standards (Indigenous Training Post)
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is an Indigenous Health Training Post providing culturally appropriate training and a supportive environment for GP Registrars by accredited General Practice Supervisors. GP Registrars work within an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service in a comprehensive primary health care service delivery model, where client care may present with more complex health needs and their care usually involves a broad range of health care practitioners.