- Are you looking to pave your way in a rewarding career in office administration?
- Are you keen to apply your skills and experience within the largest Aboriginal community controlled health organisation?
- Do you want to work in an environment that utilises your attention to detail and multiskilling and supports ongoing training, professional development and growth appeal to you?
About Nunkuwarrin Yunti
Nunkuwarrin Yunti, the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide aims to promote and deliver improvement in the health and wellbeing of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their families in the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide and to advance their social, cultural and economic status. The Organisation places a strong focus on a client centred approach to the delivery of services and a collaborative working culture to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Administration Officer to join our Primary Care Services (PCS) team in a full time position for 12 months fixed term, based in Adelaide CBD.
About the Opportunity
As the Clinical Administration Officer you will be key to the successful operation of a range of clinic administrative functions working closely with Primary Care Services leadership team and clinical staff. You will undertake high quality, timely and efficient business management activities, including support and advice to enhance Medicare income, records and asset management and stock control within the Primary Care Services Unit.
We are looking for someone who is the right fit within PCS and Nunkuwarrin Yunti.
You will bring enthusiasm and professionalism, along with skills and experience in office administration and possess a high level of computer literacy, particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite. Perhaps you come from a Clinical, Health or Practice Management background; have experience in a dynamic, busy working environment; or bring knowledge gained through study (vocational, diploma, degree).
You may bring the following desirable skills and experience in:
- patient information management systems (e.g. Communicare, Best Practice or Medical Director)
- asset management
- Medicare billing in the primary health care industry or medical environment
- electronic document records management systems (EDRMS)
What is important to us is your willingness to learn and develop within the role, with the ability to quickly and confidently learn new systems and processes. And critical to success is your ability to demonstrate:
- your capacity to work harmoniously in a multi-disciplinary team environment, manage your time, set priorities, and use your initiative to meet deadlines and achieve work objectives
- well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- confidentiality when dealing with matters of a sensitive or confidential nature
- an understanding of contemporary issues facing Aboriginal people and the impacts these have on Indigenous Australian societies and cultures, with experience working in an Aboriginal setting highly regarded
To view the Job and Person Specification click here
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful are willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to commencing employment.
About the Benefits
With a starting salary of $59,739.85 you also will have access to salary sacrificing options which allow you to significantly increase your take home pay.
In addition, you will have access to generous leave allowances, including an additional 7 days’ paid leave over the Christmas period, on top of your four weeks’ annual leave!
Please forward your Cover Letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact HR via email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday 27 July 2018 at 9.30am Adelaide time.