Join Us to Further Reduce Smoking in the Aboriginal Community
- Become part of a successful team improving health outcomes for Aboriginal communities in Adelaide
- Undertake Tackling Tobacco activities to make a positive difference to people’s lives
- Apply your skills and experience within the largest Aboriginal community controlled health organisation
- Salary $ 54,133.44 + Super + generous leave and conditions
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide, South Australia, providing a range of health care and community support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
First incorporated in 1971, Nunkuwarrin Yunti has grown from a welfare agency with three employees to a multi-faceted organisation with over 70 staff who deliver a diverse range of health care and community support services.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service, managed by an all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Board whose members are chosen by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
About the Opportunity
Under general supervision of the Team Manager the primary role of the Community Engagement Coordinator (Tobacco) will
- Conducting and/or supporting quit smoking support sessions to suit the needs of individuals, families and community to address smoking behaviours;
- Promoting and assisting in the participation of community.
- Looking for innovative ways of engaging with the Aboriginal community that support quit attempts and promote smoke-free homes and work places; and
- Maintaining established networks and partnerships with relevant organisations and community groups to encourage a coordinated approach to tackling tobacco
Download position description, click here
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful candidates have a current driver’s licence, and a National Police Check prior to commencing employment with Nunkuwarrin Yunti.
About the Benefits
As a member of the Nunkuwarrin Yunti team, you will have the opportunity to expand your horizons and develop your skills working in a multicultural environment. You will find these roles challenging and rewarding as you see the positive changes you promote making a real difference to people’s lives.
Please forward your Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact HR via email@example.com
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday 17th August 2018 at 5:00pm Adelaide time.