- Make your mark leading an exciting new program for Aboriginal Mums and Kids
- Dynamic management opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN3)
to drive improved health outcomes for Aboriginal people
- Based in CBD, Adelaide
Nunkuwarrin Yunti have a rewarding opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN3) to join their vibrant team as a Maternal and Child Health Team Manager, based in Adelaide, on a full-time basis.
About the Opportunity
Leading the Strong Mums Solid Kids program the Maternal and Child Health Team Manager will focus on the line management, leadership and coordination activities of team of 6+ staff. With limited professional and management supervision, the Maternal and Child Health Team Manager will achieve continuity and quality of client care and be primarily accountable for the outcomes of practices in the practice setting.
Our ideal candidate will be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia; and bring the following:
- Knowledge and an understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture and the issues which may impact on maternal child and family wellbeing
- Proven experience leading a multi-disciplinary team within a professional practice framework, and of a broad range of health professionals
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing service level operations within a comprehensive primary health care context and effectively oversee clinical governance in the area of midwifery and/or child and family health
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and ensure culturally appropriate service delivery
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a complex, busy workplace
- Previous experience working in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service or community primary health care that demonstrate best practice outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients will be highly regarded but is not essential.
For the full Job and Person Specification please click here
About the Benefits
An attractive remuneration is on offer and you will also have access to salary sacrificing options to further increase your take home pay. For further remuneration details for an RN3 please refer to the Nunkuwarrin Yunti of South Australia Inc Enterprise Agreement 2017: https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/ae427364.pdf.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is committed to nurturing ongoing professional development and career advancement with training, mentoring and guidance provided.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful candidates are willing to undergo a National Police Check and DCSI screening prior to employment with Nunkuwarrin Yunti. Additionally, you must have a current driver’s licence with the ability to travel as required.
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact Kathy Obst – HR Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday 28 May, 2018 at 10.00am Adelaide time.