Exciting leadership opportunity for a Senior Aboriginal Health Practitioner to join their multidisciplinary team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Coordinator, your overarching responsibility in this position will draw on your excellent skills and experience as a senior practitioner. You will demonstrate the ability to enhance the Aboriginal Health workforce’s clinical skills and knowledge and further the development of the workforce. In addition, you will be a leader in ensuring Primary Care Services is operating within a culturally safe framework and facilitate Primary Care Services’ health promotion activity.
In order to deliver this, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing clinical education and supervision, mentoring and supporting staff and students;
- According to operational requirements, deliver high-quality comprehensive primary health care;
- Providing culturally safe and specific advice to non-Indigenous PCS staff;
- Leading health promotion activities with the organisation’s Health Services teams; and
- Representing Nunkuwarrin Yunti with other bodies and/or members of the public, including liaising with AHPRA and their affiliate networks.
This is an identified Aboriginal position; exemption is claimed under Section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
About the Benefits
This position is both rewarding and challenging; it is an exciting new opportunity to contribute to important outcomes in primary health care and improve the wellbeing of the Aboriginal community.
An attractive remuneration starting from $73,000 + super is on offer, negotiable with skills and experience and you will also have access to salary sacrificing options.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is committed to nurturing ongoing professional development and career advancement with training, mentoring and guidance provided.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful candidates have a current SA driver’s licence, and are willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Please review the Job and Person for further information on the position by following this link
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact Kathy Obst – HR Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9am Friday 27 April 2018.