- Rewarding opportunity to support people through their tobacco ‘quit’ journeys
- Up to 30th June, 2018 (Ongoing Potential)
- Based at Kilburn, Adelaide
- Classification – HS L2
Nunkuwarrin Yunti now has an exciting opportunity for a Tobacco Action Worker to join their multidisciplinary team based in Adelaide, on a full-time, contract basis with extension subject to funding.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Team Manager – Population Health – Tobacco and working closely with the Tobacco Care Coordinator, you’ll be primarily responsible for coordinating and delivering targeted population and preventative health activities that promote lifestyle changes that reduce the risk of the onset of chronic diseases caused by tobacco.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Conducting and/or supporting quit smoking support sessions to suit the needs of individuals, families and community to address smoking behaviours;
- Promoting and assisting in the participation of community events that promote healthy lifestyle changes;
- Looking for innovative ways of engaging with the Aboriginal community that support quit attempts and promote smoke-free homes and work places; and
- Maintaining established networks and partnerships with relevant organisations and community groups to encourage a coordinated approach to tackling tobacco.
To be successful in this role, you will have at least 12 months experience in health promotion, community services, Aboriginal primary health care or similar and an understanding and knowledge of social, health and cultural issues effecting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander population.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 22nd March.
You will be required to submit your CV along with a cover letter highlighting your suitability for the role.
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact Kathy Obst – HR Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to bring their passion for health improvement activities to a rewarding career. This opportunity won’t last long so don’t wait – Apply now!