Information on Prevention
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that coronavirus spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent the spread of infection in your household, the workplace and the community.
How can we help prevent the spread of coronavirus?
Everyone must practice good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene to protect against infection and prevent the virus spreading. Good hygiene includes:
• covering your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue
• disposing of tissues after use
• washing your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
• using alcohol-based hand sanitisers
• cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
• if you are sick, avoiding contact with others and staying more than 1.5 metres from people
Covid-19 Community message video from the Aboriginal Health Council of SA