Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a pandemic with world wide spread and impact. Nunkuwarrin Yunti puts the safety of clients and Community as a priority. We are constantly working and updating our response to the Pandemic in keeping with guidelines and protocols from government, health officials and experts to make sure we provide the best health and well-being outcomes for our Community.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti will be using the Covid-19 pages on our site to keep clients, community and staff aware of service announcements.
Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) Emergency Assistance program: Service update
Nunkuwarrin Yunti will keep on providing emergency relief, as an important part of our Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) services during Covid-19 pandemic. Our skilled SEWB staff will continue to help individuals and families within Aboriginal community get services like assessments, referrals, food, material, psycho-social and other essential supports, that are needed during times of hardship and crisis.
During Covid-19 our SEWB team aims to deliver services in ways that are safe for clients and staff, making sure we follow social distancing and hygiene guidelines. To continue to deliver services under these conditions, we had to change the ways we delivered services to our clients.
Clients need to be aware that:
- there are less face to face appointments available
- more clients’ assistance given using Foodbank food vouchers and hampers; food delivery to home may be considered as an option if and where possible
- there’s less or limited access to clothing, household, housing and accommodation help at this time, however, if a client has a high need Nunkuwarrin Yunti will make every effort to meet the needs of the client
- emergency relief services are available Monday to Friday by phone or in person at 182-190 Wakefield Street, Adelaide, and in the mornings from Tuesday to Friday by appointment at 28-30 Brady Street, Elizabeth Downs. Contact (08) 8406 1600.
Other places you can get counselling support include:
- Uniting Communities COVID-19 MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT LINE. The service operates daily 8am – 8pm. Contact: 1800 632 753
- Red Cross REDI COVID-19 SERVICE: Targeted to older people, people living with a disability and people living with mental illness, recovering from illness or accident or who has an ongoing health condition and is self-isolating. Contact: 1800 188 071.
Despite these difficult times, Nunkuwarrin Yunti is continuing to provide services to our clients and Community as we’ve done for over 45 years in SA, as the longest serving Aboriginal Community controlled health service provider. We are here to help. Contact us on 8406-1600.
Stay Up to date
Would you like to receive regular updates on the latest COVID 19 announcements, changes to Nunkuwarrin Yunti services and other public announcements. Then please sign up below: