Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a pandemic with world wide spread and impact. Nunkuwarrin Yunti puts the safety of clients and Community as a priority. We are constantly working and updating our response to the Pandemic in keeping with guidelines and protocols from government, health officials and experts to make sure we provide the best health and well-being outcomes for our Community.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti will be using the Covid-19 pages on our site to keep clients, community and staff aware of service announcements.
SA COVID-19 ALERT: Nunkuwarrin Yunti Client Services Updates
As a result of SA government applying statewide restrictions to contain the spread of COVID-19 from the Parafield cluster (Nov 2020), Nunkuwarrin Yunti has activated its pandemic response plan to appropriately manage the delivery of services for clients and community ensuring hygiene, social distancing and screenings practices are upheld for safety and protection of clients and staff.
Clients need to be aware of the following changes that have come into force:
Clinical: Primary Care Services (PCS)
- will be mostly via telephone Monday-Friday per usual hours; clients need to call first and book an appointment.
- via face-to- face, only available for urgent needs (needs that cannot be met via phone consults); these consults will be limited to Monday and Thursdays at Wakefield St and Tuesday and Friday at Brady St. during the hours of 10am-12pm and 2.00pm-4.oopm only.
Wearing of face masks over nose and mouth is a must at all times (outside of home), as a government requirement.
Women Children Family Health (WCFH) services
To get the latest information on accessing pregnancy, maternal care, kids health checks and immunisation services across the Strong Mums Solid Kids (SMSK) and the Australian Nurse Family Partnership Programs (ANFPP), call Nunkuwarrin Yunti on 8406-1600.
Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) Emergency Assistance program
Nunkuwarrin Yunti will keep on providing emergency relief, as an important part of our Social and Emotional Wellbeing (SEWB) services during Covid-19 pandemic. Our skilled SEWB staff will be available over the phone to help individuals and families within Aboriginal community get services like assessments, referrals, food, material, psycho-social and other essential supports, that are needed during times of hardship and crisis. Call us on (08) 8406-1600
To continue to provide services under these conditions, we had to change the ways we delivered services to uphold client and staff safety.
Clients need to be aware that:
- you need to call our clinic(s) first as there may be changes to the way we deliver services and appointments are necessary
- client consults will mainly be by phone with very few face to face appointments available
- masks have to worn by clients and staff as a mandatory requirement
- more clients’ assistance given using Foodbank food vouchers and hampers; food delivery to home may be considered as an option if and where possible within the government rules
- there’s less or limited access to clothing, household, housing and accommodation help at this time, however, if a client has a high need Nunkuwarrin Yunti will make every effort to meet the needs of the client
- emergency relief services are available Monday to Friday mainly via phone; please contact us on (08) 8406 1600.
Other places you can get counselling support include:
- Uniting Communities COVID-19 MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT LINE. The service operates daily 8am – 8pm. Contact: 1800 632 753
- Red Cross REDI COVID-19 SERVICE: Targeted to older people, people living with a disability and people living with mental illness, recovering from illness or accident or who has an ongoing health condition and is self-isolating. Contact: 1800 188 071.
Tackling Tobacco (TTT) and Harm Minimisation teams (HMT)
Please call Nunkuwarrin Yunti first, on 84061600 to get the latest information on the services available during this period. The Tackling Tobacco team can also be reached by email: email@example.com OR go to their Facebook page @tacklingtobacco.
Despite these difficult times, Nunkuwarrin Yunti is continuing to provide services to our clients and Community as we’ve done for over 48 years in SA, as the longest serving Aboriginal Community controlled health service provider. We are here to help. Contact us on 8406-1600.
Stay Up to date
Would you like to receive regular updates on the latest COVID 19 announcements, changes to Nunkuwarrin Yunti services and other public announcements. Then please sign up below: