- Are you an Aboriginal Health Practitioner or Worker wanting to contribute to improved health outcomes for Aboriginal people?
- 2 Full Time positions
- Join a well-respected Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
- Identified position for Aboriginal candidates
Nunkuwarrin Yunti works to promote and deliver improvement in the health and well-being of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide and to advance their social, cultural and economic status.
The Organisation places a strong focus on a client centred approach to the delivery of services and a collaborative working culture to achieve the best outcomes for our clients.
Primary Care Services (PCS) provides comprehensive primary health care to the Aboriginal community. The multi-disciplinary team consists of Aboriginal Health Workers and Practitioners, a Clinical Services Officer, Enrolled and Registered Nurses, and General Practitioners and Registrars. Services are augmented by a range of visiting medical specialists and allied health professionals. The PCS team liaises and works closely with the Women, Children and Family Health program, the Social and Emotional Wellbeing program and the Community Health Promotion and Education program to ensure a high standard of integrated and coordinated client care.
As an Aboriginal Health Practitioner (AHP) or Aboriginal Health Worker (AHW) you will be required to work collaboratively with PCS staff and other members of Health Services teams to provide best practice client care. As a vital team member your role will contribute to the high quality and culturally appropriate client care that Nunkuwarrin Yunti is known to provide.
In order to deliver this, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake client assessments and follow -up care, care plans and referrals from other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Provide health education and brief intervention counselling to improve health outcomes for individual clients
- Promote the importance and benefits of general preventative health assessments and immunisations and ensure access to these services for clients
- Both AHP and AHW are required to have a Cert IV in Aboriginal Primary Health Care (Practice) or equivalent.
- As an AHP you will be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA); and bring a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated vocational experience in a Primary Health Care setting.
- As an AHW you will bring a minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated vocational experience in a relevant health field, preferably Primary Health Care.
As a suitably qualified AHP or AHW you will have well developed clinical skills and a sound knowledge of best practice approaches to comprehensive primary health care with broad knowledge of existing health and social issues within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. You will have the ability to resolve conflict, solve problems and negotiate outcomes. Organisational skills, self-confidence and the ability to work independently and autonomously, assess priorities, organise workloads and meet deadlines is critical to success.
Click here to download the AHP Job Description
Click here to download the AHW Job Description
Click here to download the Nunkuwarrin Yunti Application Form
Please note: It is a requirement of all roles that successful candidates have a current driver’s licence and are willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to commencing employment.
Both roles are identified Aboriginal positions; exemption is claimed under Section 8 (1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
Classified under the Nunkuwarrin Yunti Enterprise Agreement of 2017 you will be entitled to the following dependent on qualifications and experience:
- AHP – Health Services Level 4 with a starting salary of $69,255.98, plus super
- AHW – Health Services Level 3 with a starting salary of $61,430.62, plus super
You will have access to salary sacrificing options which allow you to significantly increase your take home pay.
In addition, you will have access to generous leave allowances, including additional paid leave over the Christmas period, on top of your annual leave benefits!
Our organisation has a strong focus on professional development so you will have access to both internal and external training and development opportunities to enhance your career and self-care.
Please forward your CV, a Cover Letter and Application Form addressing the assessment questions to email@example.com
Candidates who do not complete and submit the Application Form, Cover Letter and CV will not be considered further for this position.
We encourage and thank all applicants for their time, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any queries or for further information please contact HR via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 15 June 2019