New exciting opportunity exists to support Nunkuwarrin Yunti to implement health marketing campaigns that promote the organisation and its services.
Exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Marketing and Communications Officer
- Implement and evaluate local health marketing campaigns to achieve improvements in health.
- Lead the organisation in improvements in key communication channels
- On-going, full-time position (1.0FTE)
- Competitive remuneration of $67,349 per annum + super + salary sacrificing options
About the Opportunity
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is seeking interest from an experienced individual to work effectively with the organisation to identify and implement marketing and communication activities that will effectively promote the organisation and services and support local design and evaluation of health promotion campaigns.
The position is located within the Community Health Promotion and Education Unit and will be based in Wakefield St, Adelaide and report directly to the unit manager.
Some of your key responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
- Undertake an analysis of the quality and comprehensiveness of existing organisation marketing and communication strategies to enable an effective communication and marketing plan to be developed
- Coordinate the agreed Organisational health marketing/advertising and or public relations activities.
- Further support the organisation to better deploy a range of strategies including social media platforms and enhance digital channels to promote community engagement.
- Support health services to more effectively deploy a ‘campaign approach’ to influence positive health behaviours.
- In collaboration with Management coordinate key organisational health promotion events and publications including Close the Gap Day & Open Day, Organisational Newsletter, Annual report and other contributions to external publication and media as required.
- Under limited direction of Management, coordinate the development and maintenance of critical health services related content via key organisational communication channels.
- In collaboration with management support health service participation with interagency events such as NAIDOC Week, Apology Day, Sorry Day, Child Health Expo, World Tobacco Day, Heart Health Week, World AIDS Day, Hepatitis Week and Diabetes Week, and conduct evaluation of the benefits of participation.
To be considered for this role, you will hold a qualification in the area of marketing /communications or related field.
Reporting to the Unit Manager, you will have experience in designing and implementing campaigns that promote services and community engagement as well as an understanding of Primary Heath care approaches to health.
Importantly, you’ll have a strong understanding and knowledge of social, health and cultural issues affecting the Aboriginal and Torres Islander population in Adelaide and the greater metropolitan region.
Please note: A current SA Driver’s Licence and the ability to drive in the course of work activities is a requirement of this role. Employment will also be subject to a National Police Clearance.
Please click here to view a full position description.
For further information or any queries, please contact Eva Pratt, Manager Community Health Promotion and Education on (08) 8406 1605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is to be emailed to Human Resources email@example.com
Due to the nature of this role, applicants from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note applications close by COB 29th April 2019.
Please include your CV and a cover letter of no more than two (2) pages addressing the following:
- Please outline your experience in the designing and implementing health campaigns that promote services, community engagement and empowerment
- Please outline your experience in social media communications, online communications and website content management systems