Strong Mums Solid Kids Program
- Exciting opportunity to apply your Early Childhood Occupational Therapy Skills in a unique family centered program
- Part time position; Ongoing (subject to funding)
- Attractive salary package including salary sacrifice options
Nunkuwarrin Yunti works to promote and deliver improvement in the health and well-being of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide and to advance their social, cultural and economic status. The Organisation places a strong focus on a client centred approach to the delivery of services and a collaborative working culture to achieve the best
The Women Children and Family Health Unit aims to support safe nurturing environments for pregnant women, infants and children, increase uptake and utilisation of services with an emphasis on early intervention and prevention, provide streamlined coordinated care and positive experiences for clients to encourage continued engagement with services.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist (Early Childhood) to join their Strong Mums Solid Kids (SMSK) program, on a part time 0.4 FTE basis and based in Adelaide CBD and outreach throughout metropolitan Adelaide.
Working within the SMSK team, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the needs of clients and their families through engagement and the delivery of services in early childhood occupational therapy and wellbeing. In addition your role will be to encourage clients to participate in preventative health care by facilitating access to the program’s services and broader services as required. This will be achieved by:
- Planning and implementing appropriate services in accordance with best practice standards and guidelines
- Contributing as a member of a multi-disciplinary care team to the development/and provision of care plans for children and parents/carers
- Providing evidence-based health promotion and educational resources for use in the Strong Mums Solid Kids program and for community promotional purposes
- Engaging in continuous quality improvement and change management processes
- Contributing to effective multi-disciplinary teams, communication processes and staff development
It is a requirement of the role that successful candidates have a current driver’s license and National Police Check and Working With Children Check prior to employment
With a starting salary of $75,885.08 per annum, plus super, you also will have access to salary sacrificing options which allow you to significantly increase your take home pay.
In addition, you will have access to generous leave allowances, including additional paid leave over the Christmas period, on top of your annual leave benefits!
Our organisation has a strong focus on professional development so you will have access to both internal and external training and development opportunities to enhance your career and self-care.
Click here to download the Job Description including key requirements for the role
Click here to download the Application Form
Please forward your CV, cover letter and application form addressing the assessment questions to email@example.com
Candidates who do not complete and submit the Application Form and Covering Letter and CV will not be considered further for this position.
We encourage and thank all applicants for their time, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 31 October 2019 at 10.00am Adelaide time