- Rare opportunity to join a prominent community program reuniting Aboriginal families
- 2 On-going positions (Full-time and Part-time)
- Competitive remuneration circa $61,430 – $69,255 per annum + super + salary sacrificing options
- Positions based in the Mid North Yorke Peninsula region
About Nunkuwarrin Yunti
Nunkuwarrin Yunti, the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide aims to promote and deliver improvement in the health and wellbeing of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their families in the greater metropolitan areas of Adelaide and regional areas to advance their social, cultural and economic status. The Organisation places a strong focus on a client centered approach to the delivery of services and a collaborative working culture to achieve the best possible outcomes for clients.
About the Opportunity
Nunkuwarrin Yunti has an exciting opportunity for two (2) Counsellors to join their Link-Up team.
Your primary purpose will be to provide social and emotional wellbeing counselling services and group interventions to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in order to facilitate healing and improvements in wellbeing. This will be achieved through:
- Provision of therapeutic counselling services to individuals, families and groups;
- Maintaining working relationships with community groups, organisations and agencies;
- Establishing a referral network of professional counsellors, traditional healers and relevant health professionals;
- Assisting in the planning, development, implementation and promotion of services which enhance the coping capacity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and individuals and which ensure that services are delivered in a culturally safe manner;
- Provide education/awareness presentations to the wider community in relation to social and emotional wellbeing services and improvements for Aboriginal people and community
To deliver key program components some out-of-hours work and travel will be required.
Ideally you will have a minimum of a Diploma in Narrative Approaches, Counselling or Mental Health or similarly relevant field you will possess previous counselling experience with the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community.
You will have an understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues, as well as those issues relating to individuals who have been removed from their families and communities, either through forcible removal and institutionalisation, fostering, and/or adoption. This should include a knowledge of relevant therapeutic models of intervention and trauma informed perspectives. A background in individual and group counselling services, along with the ability to manage a complex client caseload is essential; as too is the ability to coordinate and facilitate group workshops.
Due to the nature of this role, applicants from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Please note: A current SA Driver’s Licence and the ability to drive in the course of work activities is a requirement of this role. Employment will also be subject to a National Police Clearance.
Please click here to view a full position description.
For further information or any queries, please contact Rick Hartman, Manager – Link-Up on (08) 8406 1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application is to be emailed to Human Resources email@example.com
Please note applications close by COB 19 April 2019.
Please include your CV and a cover letter addressing the following:
- Please outline your experience in working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and families.