Home of the Diploma of Narrative Approaches for Aboriginal People and other Aboriginal Social and Emotion Well being accreditted training.
- Rewarding focus on strengthening Aboriginal Social and Emotional Well-being Workforce Development and Support Systems
- Excellent remuneration of 75,437.69 – 78,602.25 plus super and salary packaging!
- Ongoing, full-time position
About the Organisation
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide, South Australia, providing a range of health care and community support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
First incorporated in 1971, Nunkuwarrin Yunti has grown from a welfare agency with three employees to a multi-faceted organisation with over 70 staff who deliver a diverse range of health care and community support services.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service, managed by an all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Board whose members are chosen by the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
About the People Development Unit RTO (Click for more Information)
The People Development area is responsible for the development and implementation of accredited and non-accredited training activities, workforce training and educational supports and ensuring appropriate workforce supervision and support functions occur for Aboriginal social and emotion sector in South Australia. The broad purpose is to promote strong development of skills sets consistent with industry standards to promote increased retention and the wellbeing of the social and emotional wellbeing workforce.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager – People Development Unit, this position will see you manage the services and resources for the delivery of nationally accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications, accredited courses (including the Diploma of Narrative Approaches for Aboriginal People) and units of competency, and non-accredited training that address the needs of employees engaged in social and emotional wellbeing and mental health services.
Under the limited direction of the Manager People Development, the Team Manager Training is responsible for the operational activities of the Training and Development Unit including: Reviewing Training programs and practices to ensure the efficient, effective delivery of training services.
- Coordinating the Registered Training Organisation quality assurance functions for Nunkuwarrin Yunti inclusive of annual audit of compliance against the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Standards for RTO’s.
- Identifying business development opportunities such as regional social and emotional wellbeing training needs which result in new training initiatives requiring further allocation of resources.
- Responsible for managing the resources of the Program including overseeing and monitoring the RTO budget and contributing to the business planning activities of People Development.
- Providing reports, briefs and documentation to the Manager People Development in accordance with day to day operations of the Unit and as required by the funding bodies.
The ideal candidate will have substantial vocational skill and experience to perform in the role. Essential Criteria includes
- Degree or Diploma or equivalent qualification in Administration, Community Services, Social Work/Science, Narrative Therapy, Psychology, Counselling from a recognised tertiary institution. And,
- Minimum of a Certificate IV Training and Assessment with extensive experience in the subject disciplines, or Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training, and a willingness to update this qualification to the current Certificate IV Training and Assessment or equivalent.
- Ability to work with Aboriginal people, Aboriginal community controlled organisations and communities while respecting cultural values and ways of doing business.
- Proven ability to work independently under limited direction and identify performance outcomes, plan activities and set priorities to achieve goals and meet deadlines that are consistent with the Training & Development Centre objectives.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading staff, undertake performance reviews and encourage a high level of motivation to meet the Centre’s objectives.
- Knowledge of the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Standards for RTO’s together with demonstrated experience in monitoring and reporting compliance issues.
- Knowledge of Community Services and Health training packages
To view the position description, click here (will amend when new version is sent)
For more information please contact Lance Reilly (Manager – People Development Unit) on 8168 8308
The campaign will close on receipt of sufficient quality applicants. If you believe you meet this criteria, you are encouraged to apply now.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role that successful candidates have a current driver’s licence, and are willing to undergo a National Police Check prior to commencing employment with Nunkuwarrin Yunti.