To protect yourself and others and help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Practice good hygiene like covering coughs and sneezes and wiping down surfaces.
- Stay 1.5m apart whenever and wherever you can.
- Stay at home if you are unwell.
- Get tested for COVID-19 as soon as symptoms appear, no matter how mild.
Face masks give you another physical barrier to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Masks must be worn by everyone 12 years and older, in the following places:
- health services (including all Nunkuwarrin Yunti sites)
- pharmacies / chemists
- residential aged care and disability care facilities
- correctional services
- passenger transport (buses, trams, trains, taxis)
Masks or face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask by themselves without help.
A suitable face mask can be reusable cloth masks and single-use face masks (known as surgical masks) that covers the nose and mouth.
Scarves, bandannas, snoods (or ‘gaiters’) and face shields on their own are not enough to be replacement for masks.
Please be respectful to others without masks because their reasons for not wearing a mask may not be obvious to you.
Call us at Nunkuwarrin Yunti on 8406-1600 to book in for the COVID vaccine. Booking is essential.