- The Australian Service Excellence Standards
- The Royal Australian College of General Practices 4th Edition
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Vocational Training Standards
- National Standards for Mental Health Services 2010
Nunkuwarrin Yunti supports accreditation and certification processes with reputable recognition accreditation authorities. These authorities visit our sites and formally undertake assessments to determine that we satisfy a wide range of recognised quality, education and safety standards.
Meeting accreditation standards is an explicit statement of the high level of care our clients and students should be able to expect from us. Meeting standards achieves a range of purposes, including
- Engaging our clients and students and leading them to improved cultural safety, health, education and well-being, quality and efficiency in our client care systems, policies and procedures
- Treating our clients and students with respect and dignity
- Achieving recognition against health industry set standards
- Standardising processes across our teams and sites
- Implementing quality improvement practices over time
- Providing a quality basis on which our funding can be made
- Improving trust in what we do.
Accredited at Certificate & Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards
We are accredited at Certificate and Award Levels of the Australian Service Excellence Standards (ASES) which is a quality improvement program that aims to assist community organisations to improve their business systems, management practices and service delivery. It is a set of standards owned and administered by the Department of Human Services and available nationally. ASES is internationally accredited in the International Society for Quality in Health and Social Care.
Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) Accredited
Our Wakefield and Brady Street clinics are a fully accredited general practices, in full compliance with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices (4th edition) and accredited by Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL).
The Standards provide a framework for the continuing development of well performing practice teams to enable them to focus on quality care and risk management. These standards describe quality improvement as an essential business activity, and participation in formal accreditation as one of the most effective quality improvement activities for improving services.
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
We are registered by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) in full compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 and the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework. This allows us to offer a range of nationally recognised training up to Diploma level.
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Vocational Training Standards (Indigenous Training Post)
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is an Indigenous Health Training Post providing culturally appropriate training and a supportive environment for GP Registrars by accredited General Practice Supervisors. GP Registrars work within an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service in a comprehensive primary health care service delivery model, where client care may present with more complex health needs and their care usually involves a broad range of health care practitioners.
National Standards for Mental Health Services 2010
Nunkuwarrin Yunti has been accredited against the National Standards for Mental Health Services since 2017. The scope of the certification is for the provision of care coordination and mental health recovery services within an Aboriginal controlled health organisation framework. These standards focus on the needs of mental health clients including specific legislation regarding consent and rights of clients.